[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that encircles the shoulder joints. It provides full range of motion to arm and shoulder including stability. A rotator cuff tears or strains generally occur when muscles or tendons are damaged by overuse or injury, and diseases like arthritis etc.
Common Symptoms of Rotator Cuff (RC) Injuries
- Pain Becomes More Severe When Try to lift up and Keep Down anything.
- Noticeable Weakness in Shoulder Muscles.
- Pain While Moving Arm in Specific Position.
- Affect The Daily Activities Of Life.
- Pain Increases at Night, While Sleeping.
- Acute Pain When Sleeping On the Affected Side.
- Pain around the Neck.
- Feel Crackling Sensation In Shoulder.
For a RC (Rotator Cuff), treatment relies on the condition of injury. In most RC (Rotator Cuff) injury cases, doctors prescribe non-surgical procedures that cause less pain, faster recovery, and improve function in the shoulder after the surgery.
- Applies An Ice Pack Over Affected Side At A Few Times In A Day.
- Need To Take Proper Rest And Do Limited Overhead Activities.
- Try To Avoid Shoulder Activities As Much As Possible That Cause Shoulder Pain.
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) Like Ibuprofen, Naproxen Etc. Help To Relieve Pain.
- Stretching While Bathing With Warm Water.
Need To Consult With Doctor
Despite doing all, it’s important to consult with doctor if symptoms get worsen. Thereafter, doctor may assist surgery- either arthroscopy or traditional. It is quite indispensable to have a discussion with your doctor – which type of surgery will be the best suited for the following injury.
Open Surgery: A traditional surgery method that is needed for complex fixes.
Arthroscopic Surgery: A modern era surgery method in which surgeon uses a tiny camera to examine or fixes the problem. At present, it’s the most common surgery method in the world.
Dr. Manit Arora- a renowned name in the field of arthroscopy surgery; is continuously dragging the attention of thousands of people struggling with rotator cuff injuries. He is one of the best rotator cuff surgeons of Mohali, Punjab. Dr. Arora has completed medical school and internship at University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia), and thereafter procured a Master of Surgery degree at UNSW (Sydney, Australia), then took Master of Sports Medicine degree at University of Queensland (Australia). In addition to all of this; gained knowledge and expertise in Joint Arthroscopy and Replacement at the Epworth and Cabrini Hospitals in Melbourne, Australia.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_media_grid element_width=”12″ gap=”3″ initial_loading_animation=”none” grid_id=”vc_gid:1611573633447-458751c1-2a7f-9″ include=”744″][/vc_column][/vc_row]