The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is a band like structure of dense attached tissue that crosses in the middle of the knee in order to connect thighbone (femur) to shinbone (tibia). Basically, knee is a hinge joint comprises the thighbone (femur), the shinbone (tibia) and kneecap (patella). The kneecap (patella) just comes before the knee joint to provide some extent protection.
Knee anatomy reflects – bones are interconnected to other bones through the ligaments. Here, the given four primary ligaments hold the bones together and help in stabilizing the knee joint.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL): Positioned at the middle of the knee and controls the shin bone (tibia) from slip off against the thigh bone (femur).
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL): Move inside with the knee and controls the knee to flex in.
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL): Move outside with the knee and controls the knee to flex out.
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL): Move alongwith the ACL and control the shin bone (tibia) from skidding in reverse under the femur.
Injuries or sprain to the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) are quite often among the people who take part in intense impact sports like Football, Soccer, Netball, Basketball, Gymnastics and Football. Such injuries often occurs due to instant change in direction, sudden force on knee, quick and rapid movement in high speed, land or jump on rough surface and collision. It has been seen women are more likely experience an ACL tear injury than men.
Symptoms Of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tear Or Sprain
- Crepitus Sound Inside The Knee
- Area Of Injury Causes Pain And Swelling
- Feeling Of Sensation On Knee
- Trouble In Walking
- Limited Range Of Movement
What Should You Do If Experienced ACL Injury
Obviously, seek out a leading orthopaedic surgeon! But the question is how? “Don’t worry we are here to eradicate all the hurdles that come in your way and help you out in finding the best Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) surgeon in Haryana”. If, discuss on the basis of successful surgery records, first and foremost name comes— Dr. Manit Arora — who made a history in recent years by doing wonderful surgeries? Indeed, Dr. Arora has earned a great prestige among the top-notch class of doctors because of his highest successful ACL surgeries rate. He holds a Medical degree of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) and a Master of Surgery degree at UNSW (Sydney, Australia) followed by his orthopaedic training in Mumbai (India) where he makes his presence felt to everyone by gaining the gold medal. Thereafter, He undertook a Master of Sports Medicine degree at University of Queensland (Australia).
Dr. Manit Arora subsequently did his Fellowship training in Joint Arthroscopy and Replacement at the Epworth and Cabrini Hospitals in Melbourne, Australia followed by a Hip Arthroscopy and Hip Preservation Fellowship with Dr. John O Donnell, one of the top-ranked hip arthroscopy surgeons in the world.